Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog]Espresso Dreams

A topic by Anu created Jan 25, 2020 Views: 408 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 6
(1 edit) (+3)

The plot of the game is still a WIP but its basis is around an annual coffee festival that hosts a famous competition in which contestants are. judged on their execution of the perfect cup of coffee, latte art and all! The MC has been dreaming their whole life of winning this contest and comes to town to take a shot. With the mentorship of the town's most accredited barista, it seems that MC has the advantage,  until they're faced with a fierce rival. Despite this, MC has to learn that you can. only be the best you if you put in your all. Follow MC through their journey of self confidence, coffee beans, and romance. This game will be a visual novel with the hopes of timed mini games, choosable pronouns, and lots of witty banter. The goal is two love interest routes.

We plan on updating the devlog at least once a day! 

Team:

- wudgeous 
- ven (atompunked)
-A0Morcar
- Jupiterpower

(1 edit) (+3)

Character Concept Art

MC: gender neutral (choosable pronouns), working character chart but is highly determined, has a tendency to overthink their decisions and ability, high willingness to learn but can be countered when they're intimidated.

Acacius (a-ka-see-us): we like to call this man Frosty Senpai™️ He is love interest number one and MC's mentor. Having won this competition already and being deemed 'too skilled' to be fair, he has been barred from participating and may only be involved as a mentor. He's quiet and very passionate about his art. Frosty boy is pretty thorny on the the outside but knows how and when to joke around. He sees potential in MC's enthusiasm but has no patience for their indecisiveness nature. He is strong head comparatively and wants to bring out the best in MC even if its through some tough love

Sylvia: Strong female character who is highly competitive and a free spirit. She, like many, admire Acacius and at first is envious that MC was able to snag him as a mentor. But, being confident in her skill, she keeps her head up and plows through any task handed to her. She's intimidating, especially to MC, but is always full of laughs and witty banter. Her spare time includes practicing to win, making sure MC is in good standing so the playing field is even, and snowmobiling. She's love interest number 2.

ART CREDIT: MC original concept-Ven concept art- Wudgeous

Host(+2)

oh i LOVE this so far!!!! i like that your pitch really hooked me... and i adore these characters!! i can't wait to see more!

thank you so much! That makes us happy to hear and we hope to provide more ☺️

(1 edit) (+2)

DAY TWO:

This one is a little late because I was working all day, but as a small update, our coder has begun working on timed decisions that will be essential to MC, defaultly named Arin, winning the competition! Our idea is to created timed sections of the game that all determine whether you unlock the good ending with your love interest or not. So be prepared to take in all the information your mentor Frosty Senpai drills into you! It will be important throughout the game.

The corner tracker is for debugging purposes to make sure our affection tracker is working correctly!

Everything is for the sake of place holding and just demonstrating the mechanic!

credit: A0Morcar

Also, a rough wardrobe concept for our wild heart, Sylvia!:

credit: Ven (atompunked)

I think the best thing about having two artist on our team is that they are able to bounce ideas off of one another even! Our main sprite creator for the game will be Wudgeous! It is important that we clarify early in our team since every artist has their own distinct style and to keep the game art consistent, one main sprite artist will be necessary!

Host

oh wow nice job on the timer mechanic! i also like that you talked about what it's like having multiple artists on a team--it can definitely be a plus but it can also be a little tricky trying to be consistent style wise (which is why some games will have style guides, etc) so i like that you've already figured out how this will be handled!

Need music for this? :p