Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

{Devlog} working title: twinkle

A topic by ZaqLovesBooks created Jan 25, 2020 Views: 408 Replies: 15
Viewing posts 1 to 15
Submitted (5 edits) (+3)

Hello everyone, I have no clue how to do a Devlog. I don’t ever remember doing one of these. So, in my brain. This is my first . 

Idea: 

twinkle or whatever I call it is going to be a cute rpg  about this star who turns into a human. They have to find out how and why it happened. Along with how to get home . Pretty simple didn’t want to overwhelm myself.  I’m honestly happy I’m officially putting this together. I don’t expect a full game. But maybe like a demo?

Characters (might update but doubt it) 

• star
  • animal companion ( possibly be a fox ) 

objectives ( for player in game ) 

• catch animal companion
  • read signs ( along way, might tell about the places their in)
  • look for objects/clues (maybe to progress on)
  • find a way home / find out why they’re here.

day one(goals) : learn to maybe get more familiar with rpg maker 2003. Maybe even make a test game before actual game. 

That’s it , I don’t what else to add. I’m welcome to comments /inputs as I go. cause I want to improve and learn.

(っ˘ω˘ς )

Submitted(+1)

progress done for day one:

Goals completed.  I’m following a tutorial on rpg maker 2003 and currently really liking the engine. 

day two(goals)  complete the tutorial and maybe actual start to work on the actual game.  maybe also find more tutorials on certain things I want implement in the game 

( also message me if there’s any pixel 2d artists available. Probably might not get art but if anyone is interested and available. I would appreciate it) 

- discord: ZaqLovesBooks 

- Twitter: Bookswithzaq

Host(+1)

this is such a cute concept! i think your objective outline is actually really great for an adventure/rpgmaker game! best of luck with the jam!

Submitted(+1)

It’s a idea that has been in my head for years. I’m glad that I decided do it for this jam. Great, I find it really helpful. Cause I forget a lot 😅. Last, thank you! 

Submitted (2 edits)

progress done for day two:

Goals completed :  finished tutorial and made project for twinkle. 

day three(goals): find place holders for characters, objects, signs and tilsets.Maybe make cutscenes ( optional) and first map. 

Note: make game first before focusing on custom menus and such.

Submitted

Current progress:  one objective done for the player which is to catch the animal companion while also doing like a interesting transition to next map😅

Submitted (1 edit)

day four (goals): make next map and include signs. Along with maybe work on the story.  

Submitted (1 edit)

Current progress: nothing. Decided to take a break. 

Tomorrow:( goals): make next map and include signs. Along with maybe work on the story.  Basically do what we had to do today 😅

Submitted

current progress: made next map, wrote basic plot of story. and included one sign. 

Tomorrow’s goals work on more clues, finalized sign reading mechanic, and maybe start to plan out some levels . 

( also figures out a way to get pictures 😅)

Submitted

Today’s goal: work note book pages , find out to do the notebook pages and work on clues.

updates on objectives: 

• catch animal companion
  • Find note book pages  ( along way, might tell about the story ) 
  • look for objects/clues 
  • find a way home / find out why they’re here.
  • Decide on fate .( won’t say here but I know what I’m talking about.

Submitted (1 edit)

for real I need to get something done. So since I have time for the next hour or so. I’m working on it.

Submitted

Today’s goal: work note book pages , find out to do the notebook pages and work on clues. ( basically work on what we had to .) 

my productivity is going low now😭 so I’m enforcing that tomorrow we work. 

Submitted(+1)

Current progress:  Implement note book system. 

Current goals:  write page one , implement hint towards a clue to help them move on.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Star and animal companion:  I didn’t make these sprites but I would thank the person who did. I really like and can’t wait to use them. Also you can find artist on here and twitter with the same username.  (This is so I can credit them in the official game) nuttatulipa

Submitted(+1)

Current progress: imported sprites and finished one page for notebook. Implemented first clue to move on,

Goals: finish clue , make next map, start next page.and such.

Host(+1)

nice progress so far! i'm glad you were able to start working on the notebook. these sprites are soooo cute and lovely TT