Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[DevLog] Paw Champion (Working Title)

A topic by NoodleEater created Jan 11, 2017 Views: 519 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 8
(11 edits) (+1)

Hello guys, This my first time join a jam. Me and AllexDee will build this game. I hope you like this :D and looking forward for your feedback, it will help us to make the game better. so here our idea.

Title : Paw Champion

Genre : Sport

Description : You will choose your side between Dog and Cat Team. Pick your side and become the Paw Champion to gain food for the eternity so you do not need to worry about food after that. Paw Champion is a 1 vs 1 Hockey competition between cat and dog.

Image :

Note : I never play hockey before lol XD

(2 edits)

Log 1

I want to do this yesterday but I felt dizzy. Ok here is it
We talked about what kind of game we want to make. And i got an idea but not sport, that's AllexDee idea to make it became sport. and we start to make some simple mechanics and talked about the control so the control will be like slingshot in Angry Bird you click your player and pull the cursor and release it so the player can go to the opposite direction of your mouse and hit everything in front of it even other player.

Image :

(2 edits)

Log 2

We've done the core of the game so we start to make the asset. While AllexDee make the art, I make the prototype of the game. We use pixel art in this game and simple stadium for the competion place and 2 character for both dog and cat so the player can choose one of them.

Log 3

I've done the movement for the player, but still need some improvment. So, other thing to do is the mechanics for charge the power with mouse drag and AI for the opponent.

Image :

(1 edit)

Log 4

Has been a while since I update the log. Here what I've done for now, I finish control for moving player with mouse drag. I use a lil bit math, it's truly fun although it's simple. here it :

Δ mousePosition = mouseCurrentPosition - mouseLastPosition

force = - (Δ mousePosition x speed);

Image :

The rest is the AI for the opponent and show an arrow when the player or opponent charge it's force. So, it can show which direction the player or opponent will move. and the other is the asset.

Host

this actually looks really fun! i'm excited to see more!

Thanks, I am doing the game in my stagiare free time. Hope we can finish the game on time.

(1 edit)

Log 5

I've done the AI, But I have new issue about enemy turn, don't know how to fix it yet but I will try to fix it before 11.59 AM. Beside it, I join GGJ too so I must manage my time properly.