Tags

Mankind Desolation | Daeniak57's devlog

A topic by Daeniak57 created Jul 05, 2022 Views: 615 Replies: 32
Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 21 · Next page · Last page
Submitted (2 edits) (+2)

=== DAY 1 TO 3 ===

Hello !

In this first “devlog” I made

• Complete movement system (Slopes, Steps, Gravity)
  • Interactions system (Any kind of interaction will work)
  • Flexible item system (You can create any kind of items)
  • Simple 2 slots inventory (Primary & Secondary item)
  • Shop system did it in 5 minutes for testing** (Harcoded)**

(There is not a lot of feedback for the moment, the only one is in the console for the moment)

I should make directly the visuals, fx, audio, feedback but i’m lazy. I will probably do it in the next devlog

for the moment I will not share my idea first because its not sure and second because the content of my game is not really complete

Sorry if there is not a lot of gameplay or any visuals its my first time making a gamejam and first time that i really try to make something

Submitted (7 edits) (+1)

=== DAY 4 ===

To refactor :

• UI (Nothing is flexible & easy and I could do better)
  • Money & Ressources system (There is no script for this everything is in the player script it should not be like that)
  • Shop (The code is just really bad, I got lazy like everytime.. xD)

To do Today (after the refactoring & if i have the time):

• Adding the core gameloop
  • Adding basic weapons (will do the rest tomorrow)
  • Adding basic enemy (will do the rest tomorrow)

Added :

• A little of UI feedback (interact text) (money text)
  • There is some icons on the “shop” (the circles, because I have no real icons for the moment)
  • Fixed the inventory system (a little of optimisations)

(I’m using the default input system for the moment even if i know the new input system)

Hint on what i’m making : You heal the enemy

Video :

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

=== DAY 5 ===

I completly remade the UI system, same for the ressource & money system, now in the future I can add any kind of ressources if i want i also made some refactoring on some systems (visually nothing change but the code changed a lot, its a lot easier to add new stuff !)

Also tomorrow I will probably add some other basics feature after that I will finally be able to do the “real” game content

Submitted(+1)

I’m starting to do the models & sounds

What do you think about the models/textures/sounds (Answer below please) ?

(I made the models, textures & sounds myself)

(+1)

Very nice models, textures and sounds. I have only one feedback: I liked the sounds for picking up different items but for stones, the sound effect is kinda "low"! I mean it sounds like your are picking gravels. Maye it needs to be more "deep"?

Submitted

Thank you for your feedback and yeah I think your right !

Host(+1)

Wow cool to see a lot of progress here--I know you mentioned you weren't sharing because you weren't set on it but I am a little curious what the game's design is beyond its single line premise? Maybe even a brief few lines of different ideas would be cool to get an idea of your thought process--you don't have to or anything but I would love to know more!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I’m super happy that you answer to my post so I will tell you,

(Its still my first game that i will finally post somewhere) but my idea is to make a sort of “Black Ops Zombie” (If you know the game) where if you kill them you get ressources but if you heal them you get money and with that money you can pay for upgrades/other ressources(maybe)/guns etc.. and maybe if i finish this jam, in the future i will add other things like constructions etc.. for the moment the map will be limited to a certain zone but maybe i can make it open world in a future update !

Host (1 edit) (+1)

Hah, been a while since I've played COD zombies but wow this is really interesting as a premise--kind of like managing the risk/reward of making your enemies stronger? That's pretty cool!

Submitted(+1)

I hope I will have the time and the motivation to finish this but yeah you need to imagine that but from wish because the graphics will be… super bad xD i hate texturing & animating even 3d modeling sometimes.. i don’t really like but i hope my game will be good c:

Submitted (3 edits)

Oh no… i made a mistake oof!! the array size is now 999999 my unity froze

Submitted(+1)

=== DAY 6 ===

I fixed a lots of bugs and remade a shop system were you can buy every type of items, weapons, ressources, stats

Give me your opinion under !

(+1)

Excellent, I see no problem! It is so polished and obviously you have great attention to details.

Submitted

Thank you c:

Submitted (3 edits)

=== DAY 7 ===

Added:

• Menu (Deathscreen, Pause, Main menu & easter egg(WIP), Settings(WIP))
  • Death Zone, Damage Zone, Heal Zone (Will be easier for me when i will do maps)
  • Music that I made myself in the main menu
  • New sounds effects (Menu, Damage, Death, Heal)

I Like Music

IILikeMusicMusic

Now i just need to do : Main menu, Settings(Audio, Controls,Credits), enemies, heal system (for enemy) a map and i should be good i think c: oh and weapon system & medic sytem

Submitted(+1)

Looks like you've got a lot of the fundamental mechanics down pat. Looking forward to seeing the enemies and how it all works together

Submitted

Yeah its the easiest part for me but also the part i forget the most that why i added them first

Submitted (3 edits)

I added the main menu now I can finally start making the real content of the game !

Edit : I removed the other volume, UI, Environment, Characters, Objects because it was a little bit useless for the gamejam (except music & master)

Submitted (2 edits)

Did the menu background (not terrible because I don’t really like 3d modeling and also I will probably do more like a old style because for the gamejam it will be faster

Submitted (1 edit)

=== DAY 9.0 ===

Added some sounds effects to the menu

Need an opinion

Submitted(+1)

Sound effects are good to me. Although is that background noise or the menu background ambient track. Either way I think it kind of suits. The clicking noises when hovering over buttons is good too. I'd say as someone that has zero experience with sound and has done no work with it on my own project. Quite impressive

Submitted

I don’t really have big experience too thank you for your opinion !

And its the menu background ambient :3

Submitted (1 edit)

I started to do the 3D models, animations, textures for the game

Example with the “upgrades” shop in my game

I need an opinion if someone want to give an opinion

(If i finish the game just for saying, if you find a cookie, its probably the best healing item you can have)

Submitted

Holy cookie :

Submitted(+1)

Added Basic Enemy & Basic Guns

(+1)

Solid progress so far! I do not know if it is still work in progress but enemies falling down animation needs more improvement.

Submitted

Thank you and yeah i need to fix some problems

Submitted (4 edits)

I don’t know if i can post this but, a small joke about my game : The Zombie Went To Backrooms

For some reason i have this problem i don’t know why xD

To redo : Zombie

Submitted

There is a chance that i will not have the time to implement the zombie heal system so i will probably just say something like “Heal them by killing them”.. sorry to peoples who knew of my base idea ^^’

Submitted

Finally finished all the mains systems i can now focus on doing the 3D models and the maps

Submitted

New :

• Visuals Improvements
  • Tips Menu
  • Tutorial map (WIP)
  • Main map (Dead Zone) (WIP)

What do you peoples think about this ?

Submitted (1 edit)

I really need to rush this map this is the tutorial map but i will probably add something to make it the main map because i will probably not have enough time to do the tutorial map and the main map

This is the prototype :

Or i have another choice i do a sort of a “Flat Ground” map with textures/ (maybe buildings) it will be faster to do that but the beauty of it would not be here

Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 21 · Next page · Last page