Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

DEVLOG |3D Game about war in present times

A topic by Nycolas Santos created Jul 04, 2022 Views: 211 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted(+2)

The initial idea is that the game will take place in a church, and the main protagonist is helping wounded civilians and military personnel.

I will keep this post updated during the course of development.

Below is a prototype of the game scenario.

(+1)

Love the concept! Makes me think of This War of Mine, but maybe less dark? If you're looking for music, I've got some free time and I think I could match the tone of the game well. I work primarily in orchestral (both intimate and epic) and medieval fantasy music. Also skilled at solo piano/strings. I love to set a mood and tell stories with music, and I'm flexible and committed! Check out my stuff on Soundcloud  and email me at betweentherainspublishing@gmail.com.

Submitted(+1)

Yeah, one of my inspirations for this little game, I left it colored just for development, it will probably have a darker tone for the final build, if you want we can form a team, do you have discord?

I don't, but I can make an account if you want. Usually email is best for me.

After numerous requests, I finally give in and am now on Discord. 馃槀 Between the Rains Music#9069

Submitted

Sent you a friend request :)

Host

Whoa this is looking great already! Excited to hear more about the gameplay loop and design.

Submitted(+1)

- Added post processing

- I integrated a third party asset to handle interactions, inventory and dialogs.

- I started to create the items present in the game, so far : Cigarettes, Beer, First Aid, Analgesics, sleeping pills and Bandages

- I will soon try to be adding the dialogs present in the game and the small quests ( I'm thinking of something like a fetch quest where the player needs to know all the npcs present in the scenario and help them in some way, I intend to make it neither mandatory nor possible to help everyone )

- The scope may have grown too much, but the assets mentioned before will speed up the process and maybe make everything I plan possible.

Host(+1)

Wow yeah honestly this is so polished already for a jam game! It does sound like a big game but honestly it's really cool to see your thought process for how you're thinking of scoping down in other ways to ship it. Excited to see it in motion!

Submitted
  • I started writing the dialogs
  • Implementing the objectives
  • The game will have a "respect" system where the player can use it to request more supplies by phone ( these supplies will be used to help the refugees )
  • Courtesy of "Between The Rains" the game will have a unique soundtrack during gameplay
  • Possibly the game will have a day period and a night period, with a clock notifying the time, if the player does not help people in time, there will be consequences.
  • I don't know yet how I can register the people the player helps and doesn't help, maybe I will keep a boolean per objective and at the end I will check which ones the player completed and give an appropriate ending.
  • For now the items will be: Cigarette, sleeping pills, pain killers, first aid kit, bandages and beer.
  • Npcs will have a physical and mental health bar, the above items help maintain these needs.
  • Not all NPCs will have this mechanic, there is a priest in the game that will serve as a tutorial or just to guide the player.