Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The Last Fairy

A topic by vfgames created Jul 02, 2022 Views: 198 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 5
(4 edits) (+3)

Hi everyone, it's V and F, we are two siblings making our first game! 

V talking now, it's my first time doing something like this, event hough I thought and written tons of ideas of games I'd like to make! Now I've paired up with my sibling that makes art and we're gon try this together, we're all looking forward to it.

About the game: we're going to make a visual novel about chaotic characters, sarcastic genderless beings, cryptids, liminal spaces, summer vacations, trains and a lot of surprises which will be very surprising (I hope)

I'm going to attempt to use Ren'py, F is going to concentrate on backgrounds, chara portraits and all that art stuff + writing.

On Day 1

we discussed mostly about plot and characters, where we wanted the story to go and branch and what endings, everything basically. We now have a fairly clear understanding and what we wanna do, although are still considering how far we can get in these two weeks. From my humble personal point of view I think finishing one route would be a great accomplishment, but if we do more I won't complain! For now, one route and one ending is the main goal. Other than this today I wrote what should be the very short prologue and a part of the beginning, still figuring out who our main characters is but we'll get there. Tomorrow I plan on continuing writing  the plot, focusing on this first, and maybe check out some tutorials to see if I can set up something on this renpy engine.

Host(+2)

Wow this is like... literally all of the concepts I ADORE stuck together. Really excited to see where this goes!! One route is honestly a perfect amount of scope for a first game. Wishing you luck with the jam and can't wait to see more!

Thank you so much!! I really hope we can properly show all these cool things we have in mind! :)

Submitted(+1)

this is many wonderful things all wrapped into one. Can鈥檛 wait to see what you come up with

Thank youu~ we also hope to make something as cool as we expect !

(+1)

Sounds really good! Good Luck!

(+1)

Thank u sm!!

Day 2/3

It's alive!

The skeleton is here!

Today I finally got over my fear of opening ren'py (I know how that sounds but bear with me) and put created the project! As basic as it sounds this is really an achievement for me. 

And here it is:

Am already so proud of this game-child, even like this, all bare and green.

Today's goals are to continue with writing and mess around with the engine, sibling has progressed with character art. Yesterday we discussed main cast's personalities and quirks*, today I'll compile some pinterest boards on the scenery and the vibe of the place, which is very crucial. I already have some music playlists on liminal spaces which are the perfect mood, but I need to find more, at least a few hours of different music. So this is it for now, editing when/if I have updates 馃憤