Hello! We are Emma (they/them), TJ (he/him), and Jordan (he/him) and we are making Covalence! Covalence is a story-driven RPG about relationships and finding oneself and a bit of poorly thought-out chemistry.
Between the three of us we have skills with storywriting, art, and programming, but we've never put together an actual game before. This is our first game jam and we're really excited to be here!
In Covalence, the player controls a lone oxygen atom who feels something is missing from its existence. By navigating its tiny world and interacting with other atoms and molecules, it just might be able to find something or someone to make it feel complete.
- The player can control the motion of the oxygen atom forward or backward along a preset path.
- Along the way, the player will encounter other atoms and molecules which can be interacted with.
- The primary gameplay will be in the choices made throughout the dialogue and conversations with other characters.
- story: Emma is using Twine to prototype the dialogue paths and story.
- art: TJ is creating the art assets in Photoshop
- engine: Jordan's using Godot to build this game.
We've barely gotten started and a lot of what we have is on paper or in our heads right now, but we'll try to keep updating here every few days or so! We'll also be posting updates on our tumblr, and if you would like to follow along with development and planning, we're trying to keep everything in one place in this GitLab project.