Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] Recur? I don't have a good name for this

A topic by DestryHawk created Jul 22, 2017 Views: 145
Viewing posts 1 to 1

Hello!  This is my... I think third? attempt at a MFGJ.  I ended up falling off quickly last time, but I'm hoping that maybe I'll find it in me to stick with this one.

I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with a concept for this one!  I've been giving it a lot of thought, but a problem I always have is keeping things simple enough.

I've decided that I -think- I want to try to use Adventure Game Studio, as my "first" for this My First Game Jam.  I've looked into using it before but I don't think I've actually ever really gotten into it.  The problem is going to be designing a simple, short enough adventure game to finish in this timeframe.

I want to make a game about a child having a recurring dream.  There will be a timer, and at the end, the child wakes up and you decide if you want to keep trying by sleeping again.  With the knowledge gained while figuring out puzzles, you should be able to get through things faster each time, allowing you to progress further.  Also, there will be discovered shortcuts, and possibly items or powers you get that you retain when you dream again.

This is what I've got so far, but still trying to see about simplifying it!