Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] Overlord Slayer

A topic by hywnd created Jul 20, 2016 Views: 332 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+1)

Hello game jammer friends, I've been working on my devlog on another blog site. Mostly because I was pretty nervous about posting here and I wasn't sure if I was actually going to go through with it. Anyways, I'm going to continue my devlog on the other site and leave a link here.

Link to the blog

Summary of the game: Fight against waves of goblins and challenge the boss if you think you're powerful enough. The catch is that the boss can be challenged at anytime but his strength varies depending on what wave you're on. Fighting him too early might result in an unwanted outcome. As you clear waves you earn additional potions but be wary not to become overwhelmed by the number of goblins. Now get out there and slay the overlord!

Just for good measure I'll leave a screenshot so I don't waste your time if it doesn't look interesting.

Host

whoa great work with your modeling! i love how organized your blog + process outline is.

Submitted (1 edit)

I have to admit though that I did not create the models myself. I had an artist and animator working with me but they both backed out about a week into the jam. So I've had to resort to looking for free models and animations and thankfully I came across Mixamo which was a godsend and allowed me to keep working on the game. I did however tweak them to look nicer in a first person camera and did some resizing and whatnot.