Tags

[Devlog] Out of the Box

A topic by lostptr created Jul 13, 2016 Views: 262 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (2 edits)

"I think I should start the devlog now, I hope I'm not too late."

*Realises 5 days have passed*

'ಠ⌣ಠ

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Out of the Box

The Plot

Step in the shoes of a not-so-ordinary cardboard box while it tries to deal with its new founded power: its consciousness! Now you'll have to choose between fighting for the rights of the boxes or enjoying freedom away from the oppressing system.

(It's basically 'Read Only Memories' but with boxes because they don't need animation :D)

The Gameplay

It's a puzzle-platformer and you have to break free from a office/company/factory/administrative building full of guards and other boxes. You can mess around with lots of devices that are in there to aid your escape. Also, there's very little text-based dialogue.

The rest is secret~

The Plan

The game is being made by me and my friend (Guilherme) using Unity, Photoshop and FL Studio. Those are the features planned to be in the end of the jam:

• 5~10 Levels.
  • Real life box mechanics!
  • Real life box dilemmas!
  • Maybe 2 alternate endings??

Right now, the game's mechanics are almost done and we are focusing now on the menus, game over screen, level design and music. And that's it! Thank you guys for hosting the jam it's being really fun!

Host

it really isn't too late like....... a lot of jams are only 2 days long. haha. this is a cute concept though i can't wait to see these boxes destroy capitalism.

Submitted

haha thanks! I just hope I'll be able to deliver the game on time!