Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Do we have to make the game in the time of the jam?

A topic by Upu Uda created Jul 07, 2016 Views: 401 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

So, maybe this is a obvious answer, but ¿if we start making the game for the jam, before the jam starts, are we able to still submit it?

(+1)

I'm very sure the point of this game jame is to build a game in 2 weeks or less. Starting before the jam starts is cheating and while no one is stopping you from cheating, you won't feel very good about yourself after.

Submitted

but, if you put a 2 weeks limit but not the 2 weeks of the jam, you still make a game in 2 weeks

Jam Host(+2)

the idea of a game jam is to create a game in a limited amount of time (and two weeks is pretty generous). it's scary and exciting with the deadline but it's encouraging because many other people are working in the same time. especially with a jam so focused on learning new things, experimenting, and taking first steps, we have quite a few jammers who try stuff out a few days before the jam.

we encourage you to work within the time confines of the jam (making the game in two weeks isn't the focus, it's making it in the two weeks with everyone else that's cool), but we won't ban a project because you might have tested a thing or two beforehand. this is especially if you're away from a computer or workspace during the jam timeline.

Submitted

oh thanks, yeah, i was asking because i was looking for tutoriasl and made some examples from there and when the jam starts i will be using parts of those examples.