Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

After-deadline bugfixes

A topic by Dualunitfold created Nov 15, 2020 Views: 323 Replies: 12
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted

I noticed a huge bug in my game, which is super easy to fix, but the deadline's passed now. I'm assuming you can't change your game at all after the deadline, but I thought I may as well ask. Is there any way this could be fixed?

Submitted

is your game unrunnable?

Correct, unfortunately you can't make any bugfixes after the deadline either :(

Submitted

No, no, it still works, but the only way to restart the game properly is to close and open it again, because I forgot to add a line of code which resets the map...

Submitted

oof i did the same thing *facepalm*

Submitted

OK, I see, that's really annoying that I missed that, but ah well :D

Submitted

I feel your pain. Just had the same issue :P

Submitted (1 edit)

We had some last minute problems as well. Health defaults to 0 and you have to rename the folder to run it. Which is a shame because the systems themselves work great as intended for the most part. But I have been told it's ok to do changes after the jam?

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

its okay to update your game after all the ratings which ends in like 6 day

Submitted(+2)

Ahh, right, that makes sense, that was another thing I thought about: whether or not I could ever send people itch.io links to it that had the properly working version (which I've now made, by the way, took me all of two minutes :D ). But that's good, thanks :)

Submitted

that clears it up for me, thanks :)

Submitted(+1)

we're so many in this case I guess :) 48 hours is so short

Submitted(+1)

It was really intense, though! I was happy I was able to get so much done in that time as an artist without compromising quality too much. From the programming side of things it seemed to be a real nightmare, though...