Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Request for Operating System Information for Metroidvania Month Game Jam Preparation.

A topic by gamedev69420 created Feb 06, 2023 Views: 146 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Request for Operating System Information for Metroidvania Month Game Jam Preparation.

Dear Falcon Nova,

We hope this message finds you well. We are in the process of preparing for the Metroidvania Month game jam and wanted to ensure that we have the correct software for your system. Can you please let us know if you are running the 32-bit or 64-bit release of your operating system? This information will help us ensure that we have the appropriate version of the necessary software.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to your response.

Best regards, gamedev69420

Host

I do not see how this is useful? I am not the only one judging the games; everyone who submits or contributes to an entry can judge games. So in the end, the best is being able to support both, it doesn't matter what I am on. But anyways, to answer the question, I am running the 64-bit version.

(+1)

how this would be useful is so that i know which version of godot i should compile my game in

(+1)

as he said, his computer isn't that important. It only matters that other people that submit, who are going to rate the games, can play it.

itch.io lets you upload any files i think, so if you really wanted to support 32bit, nothing stops you from also exporting and uploading that.

In general, in game jams, if you can also do a web export, that tends to mean more people play, just because it's easier and less effort to start the game.

MVM generally having slightly """larger""" games tends to have a lot of games that can only be downloaded, no web. So you shouldnt be at a big disadvantage if you don't have it playable in the browser, i think.

If you do choose to try to export it for the browser - i know Godot says that you should probably use GLES2 instead of GLES3 for compatibility reasons.

Firefox also refuses to play the exported .html directly - but if you upload it to itch it works, and maybe i remember incorrectly but once you set up the html export settings i think a button appears in the top right of Godot to quickly export and run the game? Not sure...

Last thing, AGAIN i don't remember the details because it's been a while since i used Godot but there are some audio formats that have a few issues in the browser, you should search that and avoid them if possible. if you are exporting for web of course.

Good luck with the jam!