Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Excited to be here! (My first jam and I have a fun idea)

A topic by SosheGames created Dec 20, 2023 Views: 46
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted(+1)

Hello everyone. I'm SosheGames, I'm a solo dev in the UK. I'm currently working on my first windows game, a visual novel called Fracture. I've been developing it for a couple of years now and progress is coming along well, but I decided to try and expand my presence in the community a bit more before releasing Fracture, which leads me here. I've heard game jams are a great way of getting yourself out there so I started looking for one I could join that looked fun and interesting and would give me something to put my creativity towards while taking breaks from the big project. I saw this jam, and this is definitely the one for me. 

I admit, I never played the original LSD. However, dream psychology is a special interest of mine and I was taken with the art style in the LSD game, I would love to produce something both dream related and in that style.

I joined the jam a couple of days ago, and so far I came up with a couple of ideas for the dream project and even started building some abstract art assets to make environments from. I came up with the idea to involve a sentient "Dream Generator" called Jen Narrator, who narrates dreams that are found or generated by the player. She appears as a Jenny Wren during dreams, and guides the player through the mysteries present within the dream world. 

As a sufferer of sleep paralysis, I also decided to use that concept as an antagonist in my game. Strangely enough, the night after joining this jam, I actually experienced some of the most terrifying sleep paralysis of my life, and I'll definitely be channeling that experience into this project. 

Very excited to see all the other games that come out of this jam, good luck everyone....and sleep tight ;)