Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

These aesthetics confuse Me; Can we tackle them differently?

A topic by Modmetic created May 22, 2023 Views: 160 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3

The written definitions make a kind of sense, e.g. Dreamcore being Dream-like, Weirdcore being disturbing/confusing/etc., Liminality being transitional, and so on. But then I look at what is being labeled Dreamcore, and it's not Dream-like, and Weirdcore is mostly not weird, disturbing, or confusing.

Are we able to tackle these aesthetics in ways that contradict the traditional representation, and still have our game qualify?

Submitted
i dont understand what this means :')

So like the Weirdcore crowd has this particular concept of what is Weirdcore that I don't understand, and if I disregarded the Old Web aesthetic and focused on the written definition of Weirdcore, which seems to contradict the concept, then it might stop being a valid entry in terms of being Weirdcore.

Similarly, if I tackled Dreamcore or Liminal Spaces in a way that made more sense to me, but didn't fit what people expect from those, then it wouldn't be valid in terms of being Dreamcore or Liminal.

So pretty much I'm wanting to be sure how much I can deviate from traditional interpretations.

Host
Go with whatever interpretation works best for you as long as it doesn't feel forced.

Alright, thanks for responding