Play gameVisit INBOUND's game page
|Please rate this entry based on your overall enjoyment.||#89||2.449||3.000|
Ranked from 2 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
What's the name of your experience?
Please describe your creation.
Use the Leap Motion to defend this vulnerable planetoid by blowing up the approaching asteroids. Target asteroids by "holding" the planetoid in your hands and pivoting it on three axes to align its defensive rocket launcher up with the asteroids' shadows.
INBOUND was designed to be an experience that can only be appreciated using the Leap Motion controller. Veteran players will find themselves targeting asteroids with barely a thought of what their hands are doing in the real world.
We set out to create a truly hardcore, classic arcade experience using the Leap, and I think we succeeded. While developing the game, We often imagined standing at an arcade machine with the Leap built into it, our hands dancing about like a conductor in a symphony of destruction.
While Oculus Rift integration is not currently implemented, we are very interested in pursuing it as the 3D space in front of the player gets literally filled with asteroids and explosions (it's like watching fireworks from IN the fireworks).
Play with headphones to truly immerse yourself in the experience!
- Games pauses automatically if the Leap Motion doesn't see valid left and right hands.
- A good starting position is to hold your hands angled about 45 degrees up, placed a little apart and above the sensor.
- Planet health counter is on the top/left (you get 5 impacts).
- Remaining enemies counter on the top/right of the screen has not been implemented (it simply counts down 200 kills, which IS possible to reach :)
- Press ESC to quit the game.
Your web site or portfolio (optional)?
Log in with an itch.io account to leave a comment