Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

TTRPG for translation: The Last Step (Game Focus on Multicultural Interaction and Miscommunication)

A topic by Kai Medina created Mar 24, 2022 Views: 202 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (4 edits) (+10)

The Game: https://kaimedina.itch.io/thelaststep 

This is fully up for grabs! If someone is interested I'll send over some raw text (it would take a little time to put together as each page has a photoshop file where the text is, so would only want to go through that if someone was interested haha). 

The whole point of this game is to have two alien civilizations land, develop their own cultures, and interact with the other through language barriers and oceans of sentient differences. I think it would be pretty rad to share this with other communities! The game is currently pay what you will on that link, with half the funds supporting a charity that promotes latino STEM education. If translated the translated files will be included in the same file, but with added credits on the cover for you, I will be praising you through the roof everywhere I am able, and you would have free reign if you had ideas for the sci-fi quotes listed on pages or the choices on cards that work better for your language!

I'm hispanic, but don't speak spanish (notes on that on the designer notes page at the end), so being able to have this be avaliable in spanish would be the absolute coolest thing. 

When it comes to financials, we can work something out to share profits for the translation if you so like - can't promise much though as I've made a whopping $20 thus far, with the other $20 going to the charity haha. 

If you're interested let me know :) 

(+1)

Hello, I'm Christopher!

I've just taken a look at your game, and it seems really intriguing and fun to play despite my complete and utter ignorance about these kinds of games haha XD! I would like to offer you a translation into Spanish (Latam) for your game if you allow me to :D! Even though I haven't had experience playing a game like this, I'm an English major (with emphasis on translation), so I do have a little experience translating texts in general. I've also translated two visual novels from another developer on here called DCS. Having said that, I will do my best to provide you with a translation that you and I both can feel proud of XD!

I'll leave my email address here if you want to reach out. I hope to hear back from you! 

Schrispi99@gmail.com

Submitted

I am ecstatic to hear from you!!! Thank you so much for offering to translate The Last Step! That is something extremely kind of you to do. 

I want to let you know that this definitely seems like an intimidating piece of work to translate, so there is no pressure at all if life comes up and you cannot work on the whole thing. I’ll take what I can get haha! 

I'm about to send you a super lengthy email with a lot of random thoughts and the text files for the game heheh!