Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Translate my TTRPG: FAKE CHESS & FAKE CHESS: BOOK OF CHAMPIONS, any languages

A topic by SPC created Feb 21, 2022 Views: 115 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+2)

Hi everyone!  I would love to find a collaborator -- or collaborators -- to translate FAKE CHESS and/or its sequel, FAKE CHESS: BOOK OF CHAMPIONS.

FAKE CHESS is an experimental roleplaying game in which players get to ACT like brilliant chess players.  It uses a real chess set, but none of chess's rules.  Dicebreaker called it "bizarre" -- still one of my proudest achievements.
Word Count: Approximately 750 words
Language: English

FAKE CHESS: BOOK OF CHAMPIONS is the newer sequel/expansion.  It uses the same basic rules & mechanics of the original game, but introduces a dozen playable characters, each with their own personalities and playstyles.
Word Count:  Approximately 3,700 words
Language: English

Files were created in Open Document format and are easily share-able. 

For those interested, I'd love to find the best way of financially supporting your labor.  This could be done through the sharing of Itch sales revenue, or a per-word translation fee, or a combination of both of those things, or something else entirely.  (I'm new at all this, so I would love to discuss more.)

Thanks!

-Sean

(1 edit) (+1)

Heyya! I'm a freelance translator in the tabletop space (on top of making my own stuff). I'd love to bring your game to Brazilian Portuguese. I charge per word, as it's pretty clear and simple for all parties involved.  I have translated Velouria  (plus its  Duels SRD and coming expansion) from Portuguese to English, as well as Journey In Search of The Unknown. I am also in the final stages of bringing Stillfleet's QSR to Brazilian Portuguese.  If you're interested, we can move the conversation to e-mail and get going :)

contact@leoandradewriter.com

Submitted(+1)

Thanks Leonardo!  I just sent you an e-mail to learn more!

Jam HostSubmitted(+2)

Hey Sean! I'd love to translate both games to Spanish! You know I love these games! 

Submitted(+2)

Awesome!  I’ll send you a message on Twitter to get things rolling!