Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Translation request: Hope Is Not a Plan, to Business Spanish or Business Portuguese

A topic by Deus Ex Minima created Feb 10, 2022 Views: 101 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(+1)

Hope is Not a Plan is a game about the stress of managing projects in an engineering firm, and ultimately, about choosing between the needs of your job and the needs of your personal life. (It is built on the Wretched & Alone template.)

The game is not a fantasy or science-fiction game, but uses the language of business - contract terms, deadlines, engineering practices, and so on. There are some sarcastic definitions that might need more care in translation to get the tone right, like “Project: a business activity with a hopeful beginning, a stressful middle, and a ruthlessly pragmatic end.”

Some of the projects that I worked on in gathering the experience to make this game were in Mexico and Argentina. It would be a privilege to work with someone to have this translated so that it could be enjoyed by engineers throughout the Americas. I’m open to ideas about how to promote and distribute the translated version!

I only know enough Spanish to be polite, before we switch the conversation to business English, (and no Portuguese at all) so I cannot help translate things the other way. But I would be happy to do review passes on other games to help the American English flow more naturally, if that would help anyone.

Jam Host(+1)

Thanks for submitting this game! I hope to see it translated soon!