Jobs
Tags

Devlog - "Broken Steel" #3 Update

A topic by Rona Hattingh created Mar 19, 2021 Views: 71
Viewing posts 1 to 1
(1 edit)

Hi, everyone ... another quick update on my progress:

Finished the map of the sci-fi base:

The base includes: Entry(where the player starts), Control room, Medical bay, Maintenance room, Canteen, 2 sleeping quarters, bathroom for men and women, Commander's sleeping quarters, Engine room and laboratory.

"They" have been created, Enemy AI can randomly patrol, chase the player, when they cannot see the player anymore, they stop and wait for a bit before going back to patrolling again, their attack can now damage the player's health.

I have created a working flashlight that consumes battery power(batteries can now be picked up and used from the inventory to refill your battery UI)

You also now have a working Night Vision goggles, it also consumes battery power.

Next working steps is to prepare the player to do some damage to the enemy and to put the whole story together.

Thank you for reading my post, hope to see you soon with the game.

PS. I need to warn everyone, I am experiencing some unfortunate circumstance outside my control, my country's electricity service provider has implemented load shedding (planned power outages). From yesterday I already had three power outs, which already put me behind schedule. Hope today not so many, so I can at least finish a playable game.