Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How is your jam going? Post a screenshot!

A topic by BroHeart created 1 day ago Views: 123 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 9
(1 edit) (+1)(-1)

How's it going folks?

We're closing in on the 5 hour mark here and I'd love to hear how your jam is going. 

I'm working on a potato-themed customs officer simulator where you accept or reject spuddies at the border to Taterland by comparing them to a rules chart and picking a button. 

(+1)(-1)

Breaking everything to replace my two buttons with two stamp buttons, and make the headshots update dynamically, lol. We'll get there.

(+1)(-1)

30 hours left, things are starting to shape up on this side, we have a basic passport icon and passport overlay, drew in objects for the approval/rejection stamps. 

Host(+2)

Love your implication!

(+1)(-1)

Thank you! The stamping feature is shaping up today but I need to update the art from placeholders and get audio/music and menus in. Then some animation of potatoes shuffling in/out, approved potatoes migrating out to the left side of screen, and rejected potatoes getting nuked into tater tots. 

(+2)

Damn, kinda amazed on how complicated your game looks even though we have such a short amount of time to make it.
This is my first game jam and my project is going well!
Right now I'm trying to compose a song for my game.

(+1)(-1)

Yeaaaaaaaa, this is the first game jam I have tried also and I may have been ambitious here with only 18 hours remaining. So far we're at 650 lines of code in Godot 4. We just need the potatoes to shuffle in with proper animations, and then leave and follow the appropriate path for rejecting/approving and we'll be feature complete.

(+1)(-1)

17 hours left and still working on potato shuffling animations, uh-oh. 

Almost ready to submit! I used the same variable in multiple places for the potato_info dictionary and good lord the weird behavior and late night bug fixing almost took me out.