Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

A Submission was (Wrongfully) Removed due to cheating Sticky

A topic by anomrac21 created Apr 06, 2021 Views: 91 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host (2 edits) (+8)

I received a complaint about a game that seemed to have cheated in the jam. After a review of the evidence by the Host and the members on the discord, It seemed like the entry score was inflated by many new accounts that only rated that game. As a result, the entry was removed from the jam. 

If it was your game, and you think it was wrongfully removed contact us on discord so we can discuss further. 

If you did cheat note the point of this jam is not to win, but to get feedback from people who actually played your game. let it be up to them if they like it or not.

UPDATE: The entry was removed wrongfully and as a result, I'm linking it here.

https://al3cs71.itch.io/the-dark-retributionist

Im pretty sure the game was mine, all i did was tell my friends to play and rate the game. Many of them screen shared while playing the game so i could guide them and they could directly give feedback to me. It is possible that some of them didn't actually play it and only rated it, but that wasn't my intention, I didn't want to win because it doesn't really matter to me, I only wanted to recieve some feedback from other people that are not my friends, but it seems that my frieds' biased ratings kind  of dettered other people from actually playing the game. Sorry, I didn't mean to artificially boost my game in first place, as it clearly wasn't the best game out of all them, and I apologize for this, I should've told my friends not to actually rate the game, only to play it, it was my fault.

Host

Thanks for the reply... I'm so sorry. Now that you've explained what happened I'm sorry that I removed the entry. That would make sense, That friends of yours would artificially rate your game higher. I am thankful that you let us know what happened so we are aware and we can take measures. Knowing this is a possibility, will inform our decisions going forward. I hope you got something valuable out of the jam. I'll look into if I can reinstate the entry. Thank you for participating. 

No worries! It's really not a big problem, the game jam motivated me to keep working on my game, thanks for hosting it!