SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Minor Rule Change

A topic by Spirit Stone Studio created Jan 31, 2018 Views: 333
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host

Hey everyone,

I'd like to start off by saying how ecstatic I am to see so many people joining this game jam, I can't wait to check out all of your games and see what creative ideas you've come up with!  If you didn't know already, I have a Discord, and I've set up a special channel where people can discuss the highjam among other things.  It's highly populated with other devs already, and we'd love to chat with you.

Now, to brass tax.  Although I personally abhor censorship in gaming, I'm afraid that Twitch has a few strict rules when it comes to this sort of thing, and if I want to show off all of your games, I'm afraid I'm going to need to update one of my rules to be on the safe side.  Originally I had a rule that said "NUDITY IS NOT ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!".  Well, I'm going to have to update that slightly to now say "NUDITY AND SEXUALLY EXPLICIT CONTENT IS NOT ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!".  As an example of what this means, basically you can't make a game remake of Custer's Revenge that contains all the themes of Custer's Revenge (raping Native Americans) and simply avoid showing naked bits.  The problem here is that the core theme of the game still revolves around sex/rape, and that's a big no-no on Twitch.

Having said that, I am not making a banned game list, if only because there can still be inspiration to be found in something as depraved as Custer's Revenge.  I could easily see someone doing a parody of the game that involves no nudity or sexually explicit content.  So to keep it simple, with this rule change, just use common sense.  If it's not something you'd be willing to show to your mother, you probably don't want to show it to Twitch either.  While I have no intention to do so, I reserve the right to refuse to play any game submitted to the game jam on Twitch on the grounds that I fear it breaks Twitch ToS.

Now that we've gotten all that crap out of the way, I'm really excited for this jam, and I can't WAIT to see what you all come up with.  Thanks for participating, and good luck to you all!

-Highsight