Play gameSet in Stone's itch.io page
|Presentation (itch listing)||#15||2.857||2.857|
|Game Play / Game Feel||#22||2.429||2.429|
|Innovation / Experimentation||#28||2.143||2.143|
Ranked from 7 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- This is a solid platformer that makes me curious for more. I am NOT a good Metroidvania-style player, so I struggled a bit but I think the lasting impression is pretty good. The music is solid and I like the level design - nice pacing too, in describing the different actions/verbs and then showing how to string them together. It worked pretty well. I very much enjoyed collecting the big blue heart, it felt like an achievement. Since I'm very old, I would like to express both a happiness that the artstyle is used, but also a bit of sad in my face, since I think it was slightly overdone. The effect made things a bit too smeary for my taste (other's will probably disagree) and I had a hard time trying to figure out what the enemies and obstacles actually were - I gave up and just decided "Yellow ball shooter - bad", "Rock thing that bumps me back - bad", etc. The art direction gets a lower score than it could have had because of this too-smeary effect. When it comes to "Innovation/Experimentation", I think that this was kind of lacking - it's a pretty standard game type, in my mind, very "smack in the middle of the road", so to speak. This isn't bad at all, in fact, it can be very good: "I understand what I see in front of me and I like what I'm seeing" is a good thing. Just explaining why that score was low. The storytelling got a 1, because I can't really see a story in the game, so it means "N/A" and not that it is a bad story Thank you for giving me a fun (but a bit frustrating because of the controllers) time :)
- My 2D jumping ability is below that required for this game. It's not you, it's me!
- The pixelated effect is a neat effect and if the game had been made with this in mind it could've been very pretty. Once you get used to the controls the game does feel very nice with very interesting and creative movement mechanics that are well executed.
- Really like the overall design! The key controls really don't work that well, and/or the mechanics associated with the key actions are just not well refined. I sadly did not get very far in the game because it was difficult to discern what I was supposed to do - and the controls didn't help much.
- Cute little game, could use a bit more polish especially in terms of player movement and interaction with the world. The game was hard to get in to, and I had to give up quite early because I got stuck. Remember that it's always better to start too easy than too hard. I am confident this game will reach its full potential after a few polish passes
- I'm so sorry but I didn't get past the tutorial. I got to the point where you introduce the right click but from there I couldn't continue. A bit glitchy from time to time and the jumping mechaninc and feel can be improved. I also had a hard time knowing when I could use my hookshot again, maybe a sound can feedback this. As I couldn't continue past the tutorial it is hard to judge but maybe that is something to think about.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.