Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Export testing on Mac, Linux

A topic by aXu created Dec 18, 2021 Views: 160 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (1 edit)

I would like to offer Linux and Mac executables in addition to Windows and HTML5, but I don't have the possibility to test them (well, Linux would be possible but I have no experience on it and deadline looms all the closer).

Does somebody who has either one want to volunteer? I'd send a copy 1-2 hours before submissions close.

Submitted

I can test it on linux.

Submitted

Thank you! Link below

Submitted

I can test your .dmg on Mac OS to see if it launches.

Submitted

Thank you! Link below

Submitted (2 edits)

Thank you. Sorry for keeping you waiting. Download here: https://axu-ap.itch.io/ecosquare

The game page is quite bare bones, but you'll find the executables there :)

I will do some polishing ux, but if these work there shouldn't be any surprises.

Edit: even since time is up, I'd like to know if Mac version works - I'll take it down if there's problems. My bad for putting this up so late. Jam crunch time, you know :D

Submitted

Looks great and works great too! Reminds me of Spore.

Submitted

Thank you!

Submitted (1 edit)

Doesn’t open on Mac OS 11.6 (Big Sur), I’m sorry.

If your project is opensource, I can try and export it for you.

Submitted

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for wanting to help me, I'll think about it tomorrow. It's night here already and I need rest. For now, I've removed mac version. I still have HTML5 version, so game still follows all platforms rule.

Submitted

Terribly sorry, totally my bad, but your game actually works on Mac if the person runs “sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine” on it before launching.

Submitted

No problem, I've set the file visible again, and wrote a note about the command. Altough I really don't understand it, never used mac :'D

Thanks again for help!