Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Sound Designer/Composer Looking for a Team

A topic by Btvarious created Oct 05, 2021 Views: 195 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hello!

By name is Ben, and I am a sound designer and a composer who is looking for a team for this game jam! I really enjoy participating in game jams and helping teams enhance their products through sound effects and music! I am a Music Technology/Jazz Studies BA, and am very close to completing my degrees! I have several years of experience in composition, recording, mixing, mastering, and foley/SFX production. Additionally, I have experience as a programmer (C#). I am also proficient in using audio implementation middleware, such as Fmod and Wwise. I primarily work in the Reaper DAW, but I have access to a number of different audio tools to use as necessary. Since I enjoy this work, I do work for free, though I retain the rights to use any songs or sound effects I create in my portfolio.

What you can expect: High quality audio compositions as needed in a style you request, and relevant sound effects to give you a library of sounds to choose from to help best realize your game to it's fullest potential. I will deliver rough versions of the music and SFX a day or two after the start of the jam, and from there, I will communicate with your team to refine the music and SFX to best fit your needs.

Here is a link to a portfolio showcasing some of my work, featuring a number of compositions in various styles and instrumentations. (https://soundcloud.com/btvarious) If you are interested, you can email me at btvarious@gmail.com or contact me via Discord: Kronux#8333

Hi Ben, I'm Marek, a software engineer dabbling in game design. I don't know that I'll participate in this game jam due to time constraints, but noticed your post and listened to a few tracks from your portfolio. Nice work! Would it be okay if I reached out some time about collaborative work outside of a game jam? Here's a link to my previous projects: https://maaack.itch.io/

Best of luck completing your degrees!

Marek - Thanks for reaching out! You are always welcome to reach out regarding collaborative work! If I am not too busy when you reach out, I will be more than happy to contribute

Sounds good :-) I'm still undecided on the current game jam, as I like the theme of "solarpunk", but also want to be realistic on how much I could commit over the next week. I'll reach out if I come up with a good game plan (and a surge of inspiration), otherwise may reach out in the future about another longer-term game project.