Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Looking!] Hey there! Returning Hobbyist Dev seeking a team for tomorrow (2D Art/ Writing )

A topic by gnarly_p017m41H created Sep 16, 2023 Views: 115 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hey!  So, I’ve been telling myself to just find a weekend jam to join and get involved with other devs again (see my profile for context.)  I know this is a breakneck paced one, but considering all that’s happened recently, I wanted to take a chance on Godot (please don’t message me if you want to use Unity.)    I don’t feel compelled to return to GameMaker.  

Anyway.  Not used to hitting up game dev forums, so - I’m willing to contribute to tasks as needed.  With a 3 hr limit, I don’t believe we can be strict and specialize.  Since this will be a simple and quick game, I can take up whatever role the team prefers (even producing - it’ll be be pretty rad to make whatever I can in my DAW with that deadline!)   Since most of the themes seem creepy, that’ll give me a leg up.  

However, I really shine at writing and 2D digital art followed by game design (I say that cause I know more theory yet have little ‘practice’).  

I just wanna have fun with y’all.  I have discord and a YouTube channel I team up with.  HMU asap so we can get things figured out!  

Btw, I haven’t used godot - but I’ll be binging videos this weekend!  

Submitted

hi, I am working on a space game for the jam in 3D but there is some 2D asset and some tutorial writing, play testing and input on the game if you are keen?

Please look at my games I have made mostly for trijam -

I am am going to work on the game tonight SAT time but we can chat on discord.

Ah, hey there.  I just checked in.  Threads were slow this weekend so I ended up staying offline and teaching myself more DAWs and resting.  Really burned out on tech stuff. 

Anyway, I feel it would be great to plan ahead and have a team ready for another Godot Jam.  I have been doing research and I love what I've seen of it so far.  

Submitted

Cool - Ludum Dare is coming up on the 29th - That will be my next game jam. Good luck with your Journey - I started Godot for a game jam 2 year ago in October and it has been a fun ride.