Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Good Jam to all

A topic by Sawyeer created Nov 13, 2020 Views: 161 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(1 edit) (+1)

Just wanted to create a place to hang out! Show of some progress you made or some ideas. Whatever you want

(+1)

I am new to game jams and I can not program but I'd like to help! my website is www.dandussault.com I can do concept art and I love coming up with game ideas (even though i have no proof of this)

HostSubmitted

If you want to dip your toes into pixel art, I have little experience and need some assets!

depending on scope i could give it a shot! I have made some pixel art but the method that I had used in the past is no longer supported in my program of choice. Please let me know what you need. 

HostSubmitted

That would be great! Here's what I'm currently lacking.

First, you can find the current state of the project here: https://github.com/DiegoArmando/Battery-Game

I need some backgrounds.

Backgrounds (more important)

tall.png should be a balcony in the lower half and some stars in the upper half. The camera will pan from low to high here during some dialogue.
battery_room.png is a room chock full of batteries. You can take the battery that's already in that room and paste it all over the place, though if you want to draw some stacks or piles that's cool too! I need there to be some walking room for a path to the upper right and a few empty spaces where I can put some distinct battery actors.

I need a version of the checkerboard (similar to the start room) that has a machine you can put three batteries into and a bridge. You can draw two versions of this scene, one with a bridge down and one with it up.

For more info on how GBStudio ingests backgrounds, including what colors you're allowed to use while making them, see here:
https://www.gbstudio.dev/docs/backgrounds/

Thank you so much! I appreciate anything you'd like to contribute to the project!

i just purchased Aseprite to try this.