Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

A little bit about The Little Thing

A topic by Vetticon created May 30, 2022 Views: 110 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

So, over the past days i made alot of progress on my entry called The Little Thing,

Its a game where you collect DNA as the little thing to evolve.

Each of the 3 evolutionary stages is composed of 4 levels, Every set containing a new control type.

In the first 4 levels youre the titular little thing which is a worm andall it can do is jump at your mouse cursor making its way underground.

Then you evolve into The Medium Thing which can rotate to kinda run (???) around the forest? Dont know if it even counts as running but you can also jump.

Not exactly sure what the final Big Thing will be, Possibly it could control like a monocycle where you have to keep your balance? Anyway this is just a small summary of the game, I might record a video showcasing a little bit of the project tommorow.

One of my designs sounded very much like this. You would be a "bean" from the start. After collecting enough DNA you would be bean with legs that can then jump(this gameplay would be like the chrome dinosaur game).  After enough DNA you could choose to go into the water and grow fins(water game play would be like helicopter game), or stay on land and get double jump. If on land you could then eventually choose to get a fly ability (the flying gameplay would be like flappy bird). Finally in each state you could choose to get bigger to break objects, or faster to avoid objects to get to your final evolution. I think its a fun little idea, but didn't want to take the time from my main project.