Play gameVisit Fall's game page
Rate this game
Sign up with an itch.io account to rate and leave a comment.
How does your submission match the theme?
Fall combines several game mechanics into each element to streamline the gameplay experience and make it easy to pick up yet hard to master.
It combines movement and directional input into a single button/direction combo. Use of this dynamic allows for increased movement and meaningful choice to navigate not only dangers but gravity itself.
The verticality of the game provides both a progression mechanic and the end state. Players must control their ascent, avoiding spikes and platforms whilst also ensuring that they have enough spacing to not fall off the screen and trigger a game over.
Obstacles in the game come in the form of solid and crumbling platforms. The solid platforms act as both a barrier when hit from below and the side, and also a rest stop when landed on from above. This combines with the time slow effect from the player's launch charge up to give the player respite in between the higher intensity gameplay sections.
The collectable wing pickups provide score and drive navigational challenge for the player. They can choose to avoid more precariously placed wings in favour of easier to obtain ones higher up or seek them out for a more difficult experience.
Lastly speed is both a benefit and a drawback while in the air. The player's slingshot allows them to redirect their existing speed into a new direction. Bouncing off walls and each subsequent launch increase this overall speed making each jump potentially more dangerous than the last. Landing on a platform resets the players speed thus allowing them to regain control of their motion.
## Assets used
* [start UFO outside.wav by klankbeeld](https://freesound.org/people/klankbeeld/sounds/368578/) is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.
* [bln_rub_lng_01.wav by aboe](https://freesound.org/people/aboe/sounds/89748/) is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.
* [Wooshs 02.wav by toyoto](https://freesound.org/people/toyoto/sounds/93758/) is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.
* [Bone crushneck twist.wav by carlito62](https://freesound.org/people/carlito62/sounds/176745/) is licensed under the Creative Commons 0 License.
* [ZombieEatingFlesh.wav by Sclolex](https://freesound.org/people/Sclolex/sounds/236331/) is licensed under the Creative Commons 0 License.
* [knife-sharpening.wav by joshs](https://freesound.org/people/joshs/sounds/198056/) is licensed under the Creative Commons 0 License.
* [Footsteps Dirt 01 by aglinder](https://freesound.org/people/aglinder/sounds/264469/) is licensed under the Creative Commons 0 License.
* [Footsteps, Stones, A.wav by InspectorJ](https://freesound.org/people/InspectorJ/sounds/345560/) is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.
* [thud.wav by OtisJames](https://freesound.org/people/OtisJames/sounds/215162/) is licensed under the Creative Commons 0 License.
* [Corona Radiata from The Slip by Nine Inch Nails](http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Nine_Inch_Nails/The_Slip/Corona_Radiata) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Game by: Known_esoteriC and Oaty (Patrick Ferguson)
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.