Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Advice and techniques for participating in your first game jam

A topic by AyItzMatt created Jan 26, 2023 Views: 230 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (1 edit) (+4)

Hey everyone, here are some tips and tricks to help you out!

1. Keep it simple: It's easy to get carried away with grandiose ideas, but it's important to remember that you only have a limited amount of time to work on your game. Stick to a simple concept that you can execute well within the time frame.
  2. Work in a team: Game jams are a great opportunity to work with other people and collaborate on a project. Make sure to communicate clearly and divide tasks evenly among team members.
  3. Use existing assets (optional): Instead of creating everything from scratch, consider using existing assets such as open source art, music, and sound effects.
  4. Test early and often: Make sure to test your game frequently throughout the development process to catch any bugs or issues early on.
  5. Prioritize and be flexible: Make a list of all the features you want to include in your game, and prioritize them based on how important they are to the overall experience. Be prepared to cut or adjust features if necessary to meet the deadline.
  6. Have fun! Remember that the main goal of a game jam is to have fun and push yourself creatively. Don't be too hard on yourself and enjoy the experience

Hey, it's my first game jam and I'll definitily  follow your tip.

Submitted

Good to hear ^^

Submitted

This is really helpful - Thank You.

Submitted

Your welcome!

Hey, thanks for the tips! It's my first game jam and I hope I'll deliver on time. New to GDevelop game development. :)

Submitted

Your welcome!

This is my first game jam as well! Thank you so much for your advice! It is much appreciated!

Submitted

Your welcome!