Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Game Jam Journal, Leave your thoughts here.

A topic by JadeWizard created Sep 24, 2021 Views: 94
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted

Since I enjoyed the last journal on the last jam I did, I decided to make another here.

Feel free to post your thoughts, findings and or vent your frustrations here.

---

9/24/2021

Am dead. Finally finished, finally done after such a long week.

I knew I was gonna make a game inspired by creepypasta from the start. GB Studio was interesting to use, and making my own tileset was also interesting. I got pretty frustrated at the end, but that happened to me on the last jam I did too. Probably burn out or something.

Some rooms had to be on the chopping block due to some of my ideas not working out. Got the chase scenes to work but pathing is non existent for complicated rooms, so that had to be axed. Wanted to have a room with you pushing blocks into holes but that didn't work well either, so I settled for a simple block pushing puzzle.

Making music in protracker2 for the game was surprisingly simple and a lot less scary then it seemed, even though I only made the game over theme. I did make a title screen song but I found it annoying so I removed it. Wanted to make a song for the main game but I didn't have any luck making a good one so I left it silent mostly.

Now I know how to use GB Studio, it looked complicated at first and I was considering not joining the jam at first but I'm glad I did.

But now I am done, and am dead, and the dead have to sleep.