Jobs
Tags

"Escape the Dungeon" GBJAM5 Submission

A topic by theKabaro created Oct 05, 2016 Views: 449 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (6 edits)

GAME FINISHED!

Play it HERE!

Overall I'm happy with what I got done, just wished I could have made the game a bit longer, haha.

Still, it's the first time I've actually completed a game, so I'm STOKED about that! :)

Had a lot of fun and learned a bunch from this experience so I plan on participating in plenty of more game jams!

10/7/16 (cont.)

What I learned in boating school is:

Plan out your game before jumping into it. Not happy with earlier game design choices...

Oh well! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10/7/16

Wishing I had another week to my game longer, haha. Spending too much time on the insignificant details...

At the very least this jam is helping me to become semi-comfortable with pixel art.

10/6/16

I don't completely hate how the art jells, which is a first.

I've put in a few simple (emphasis on simple) challenge rooms such as the one seen above. You'll have to use a certain route to successfully navigate the platforms using a clue that you (hopefully) found prior. If not, trial and error is a hell of a drug.

10/4/16

Here's a thing that has potential to be something but will probably be nothing.

Got a late start on this jam (also my 1st) so I'm not sure I'll have the motivation to squeeze out a complete game by the deadline.

The goal is for it to be a mini, multi-room, puzzle, non-combat, stealth, escape game but I'm sure that'll change in a couple of hours.

Seeing how slow I progress, it will probably be just a single room with a button that opens the exit.

Good luck, everyone!

Submitted

Thursday update!

Submitted

Friday update!

Submitted

Finally figured out GIFs!

Submitted

Final update!

I hope I continue with game development so I can look back on this in a couple of years, haha.