Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Hyperdimensional Combat Vessel Arrow - Progress

A topic by ViNMH created Oct 03, 2016 Views: 605 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

So, Hyperdimensional Combat Vessel Arrow is a top-down space shooter and a side-scrolling space shooter hybrid.

Basically the game is divided in two modes, the first and the one that I'm currently working on, is the top-down mode where you have free control of your spaceship in a star system while enemies constantly attack you, in this mode you can travel to 3 different star systems each with its own color pallete, dock in space stations to do repairs and finally assault space pirate capital ships.

The idea is that the game changes to the second mode, the side-scrolling mode, in the capital ship assaults, but it might change with time.

I'm using LÖVE to develop the game and its working fine, though I had to create a shader to fix a problem due to rotation adding more colors to the sprite.

Some pictures of what was done:

The first system on the top-down gameplay, the graphics look a little weird, need to improve the shader

The second system that was made for the top-down gameplay, this one has a blue palette

A shot of the hyperspace traveling sequence, has a white palette.

TIP: Render to a 160x144 canvas, and then draw that to your main screen.

Submitted

Well, I was just scaling the whole game by 4 including the screen, but I downscaled it back to normal because it was producing more than 4 colors.

Submitted

Progressing, side-scrolling mode almost complete, strafing added and space station interaction almost complete.

Submitted

Well, Its finally done. Play it Here!

Feedback is appreciated.