Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Was thinking of not joining this year...

A topic by DRAKOSEA created 31 days ago Views: 226 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+2)

But somehow I changed my mind, here are some reasons.

- My game project is at the point that I need to let it rest and take a step back

- I need something to refresh my mind and solidify the skills I learned so far

- Kinda miss the gamedev community after secluded myself since last year

- Free course!

- my idol Tim Ruswick is here!

Let's see if I could make something more interesting than just another wave-based third-person action game like I did all these years.

Good luck on game jam fellas!

(+1)

I've given you a follow to make sure I come back around to see what you ended up doing for this jam.  I spent most of the last year largely not doing any gamedev, though I worked in the industry doing QA for a couple of studios.  I've gotten back into it in the last month or so, but man I feel rusty, overall... though it is really starting to come back to me.  Good luck!

Submitted(+1)

Sure, there will be something for you to check out. My advice for your rustiness is to eat some cup noodles and get more sleep, it might not help in most cases but it works for me.

Submitted(+2)

Newbe here.  I stopped gamedev for a couple years. But i only made very small and bad 2D games for 2 or 3 jams back then. Somehow my motivation fired again after all these years and i want to make something better than that. At least ill try.

I will watch u as well. Lets jam :)

(+1)

Good luck!

Submitted(+1)

Thank you! :)

Submitted(+1)

Good luck. I'm not sure what are your problems so far. As a 10 years veteran I'd say just think of every project as learning. The reason you couldn't make your dream game is because you didn't know how to "actually do it". I'm still on my way to the first commercial publication, but I do have a clear path toward my dream game though it'd take a lot of time. It's a long way if you're like me. Some people cut all the corners just to have a published game on steam. Well we don't need to rush, take it slow but surely.

Submitted

Yep thats at least a big of my reasons. I dont know how to "actually do it".
And of course time was a big factor. A newborn child really changes a lot^^ (at least it did for me)

I guess that wont work for me. It dont need to be my dream game but at least i want to be proud of any released game on steam.

Its a long way and i look forward to it!

Submitted(+1)

Here is my approach toward my dream game. Dream game = many smaller games = plenty tech demos. So essentially I'm making the game smaller and smaller until it's acceptable size. All my games will contribute toward my dream game at least indirectly. This way I'd be able to see the path toward my dream game clearly.