Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How do I submit a Scratch game?

A topic by OniRyo created May 25, 2023 Views: 225 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Like the title says. I've seen some stuff on Google like HTMLifier and HyperWrap (haven't looked at it yet) but figured I'd check here in case there was a preferred/best method. (also thought asking her  would benefit any other Scratches if they have a similar concern).

I'm currently using the Scratch website and Ubuntu Linux if relevant.

Submitted

I'm making a scratch game too! That's pretty cool. The tool I use is TurboWarp, since it has a bunch of features and lots of people use it. What I would do is download your project, go to turbowarp.org, click the "File" dropdown, select "Load from your computer" and then select your project. Then you click the File dropdown again, select "Package project", and then it'll open up some settings. Usually I keep all the default settings, but you'll definitely want to change the Player Options part (which changes stuff like the loading screen, website title & icon, etc).  You can also change the other settings for your own preferences, like framerate, mouse cursors, green flags, stop buttons, and other stuff. Then, at the bottom of the page, you can click "Preview" to preview & test out the project, and then you click "Package" to download the file. Then you can just go to the game jam submit page and upload the file there to submit it. I'm sure there are many other ways to do it, but that's just my method. Hope this helps!

(Plus, you can use the "Advanced" dropdown to change the screen ratio and some other stuff. It's not necessary though)

Submitted

Awesome! I ended up switching over to TurboWarp also and it worked great! Had to submit a day early because I knew I was going to be too busy to work on it anymore but I got it in and the whole thing plays fine with the html package TW created! :) (well as fine as it will with the bugs i haven't had a chance to fix yet lol nothing game-breaking, at least!)

Submitted (1 edit)

I used HTMLifier (sheeptester.github.io) to send it a *.sb3 file to convert. Then uploaded the HTML file. Worked great!

Hi Everyone! What if I am making a Unity game? do i just upload the zipped web build? Or is there another way to do it? Thanks very much for your help!