Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

VR?

A topic by Miniiee created Apr 21, 2022 Views: 265 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted (1 edit) (+3)

Hi. I just want to ask that can I submit a VR game for the jam? The XR interaction toolkit seems realy fun to use.

Jam Host(+2)

There is no restriction on what your game can be played on, but keep in mind you may not get many playtesters if your game is VR-only since it's a small market.

Submitted

Hi Miniiee! if you're looking for teammates for a VR experience I'm in! :D 

Also, it would be a big PLUS if your target platform is Quest 2, which is the VR headset I'm currently developing on ^^

(+1)

Hey, was wondering the same thing. Perhaps we should post a top-level poll asking a few things (and requesting it be pinned):

1. how many participants would play VR games entered in the jam?
  2. Which platforms(s) they have.
  3. (If Quest) what's the easiest way for them to install and play?
  4. Anything else?

Re. (3) I guess providing an APK on Itch might be hard. Maybe SideQuest would be best? (I've not done before -- viable within a jam? Maybe link from jam page? Something to prove-out beforehand.)

Submitted(+1)

That would be neat! In any case for point 3, I think that the correct thing to do would be to make a PCVR build, but make the project Android-friendly too (Restrict physics, use forward shading, restrict AA to MSAA only, disable HDR, use instanced stereo, etc.) so it can be recompiled for Android later.  

Projects tend to work well in all headsets if you target Quest/Quest 2 and then port to PCVR, but there are some instances where other headsets will crash at startup too, especially when using plugins/frameworks such as AVRF D: