Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

source code

A topic by UnrealSpider created Apr 17, 2022 Views: 566 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted (1 edit)

I have a question when the rules say "All entries must include source" what dose that mean?

and are you able to reuse code?

Submitted

I just want to add my weight behind Juggler's question.  I have no idea what it means by including source.  Is it enough to put a link to the actual unity project (not the exe) on my dropbox so that others can access it?

Jam Host (1 edit)

Yes, that would be sufficient.

"Source" means anyone should be able to download the project, open it up in the game engine, and run it from there.

Submitted

how can you remove photoshop from your source?

Jam Host (1 edit)

You can't submit Photoshop as part of your source. Your "source" is all files needed for someone to open your project in the game engine and run it.

Submitted (1 edit)

so can we not use PhotoShop with unity?

Jam Host

See this thread: https://itch.io/jam/gamedevtv-jam-2022/topic/2055595/reminder-all-submissions-mu...

Submitted

how can you remove it from the source

Jam Host (1 edit)

Photoshop is not part of your source. A user does not need Photoshop to open your project in Unity.

Submitted

ok but you sad "you can use Gaia to create your terrain in Unity, but you must delete Gaia out of your project when uploading the source."

so how can i delete it from the source?

Jam Host

At this point I recommend just uploading whatever is needed to open your game in Unity when you submit to the jam. During my source verification check I will let you know if you need to remove any paid assets from your project.

Submitted

can I use aSeprite?

Jam Host

Yes.

Submitted

ok thank