Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Greetings! Top Down Template I've Been Working On For Weeks

A topic by Aleifr created Jan 17, 2022 Views: 114 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hello everyone!  A bit late to the party but here's a template for a top down adventure/rpg/roguelite game I've been working on over the past few weeks.  I saw this Jam and thought it'd be a great opportunity to motivate myself into finishing this so that I may release a playable test version on the browser and a downloadable source for everyone who wants a fully documented template to use in their own games.  Right now I have lootable drops, 3 types of enemies, melee combat for the player, different weapon pickup options, basic menus, and room transitions.  Enemy behaviors are also a bit more interesting than just run towards player and attack, they'll also reposition occasionally to avoid player attacks, of course it's not too complicated, just wanted something a bit more organic.  Anyhow!  I'll be working on updating the art using some free assets you can find here on itch and will be crediting each asset creator once I finish in case anyone else wants to use similar art for their games, there really is an incredible amount of resources here.  Thank you for your time!  Please stay tuned in for more updates to come :D

this looks like forager