Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I gess It's my deadline to submit a prototype of my game

A topic by OMAStudio created Dec 31, 2021 Views: 185 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2

To be clear, OMA Studio stands for One Man Army wich means that I'm the only dev working on this.

So, I'm currently working on a quite big game since the start of December. It's place holder name is No man's Land and the concept is about surviving in an hyper realistic 2D apocalyptic world. For now the ennemies are going to be other players, AI and zombies but I wander if zombies are to bland. The main feature is that the game will be very in depth and immersive as well as hardcore* and scary. To survive in this harsh world you will need cooperation and strategic planning.

*the difficulty will be modifiable to the player's will but the basic one is going to be very hard

Right now I'm doing the framework wich is all the game systems on wich I will build the final game. The framework will be very flexible and permit me to do multiple game modes such as : Wave mode, No man's Land (survival story mode), Multiplayer worlds(100 players and more ?), PVP quick match like rainbow six, and so on...

The final mode to add will be No man's Land and Multiplayer worlds but before that I will do smaller and simpler modes to test the game and see if it's worth it.

One of those simpler modes is the wave mode wich will be in the same style of the series call of duty but in top down 2D and hyper realistic wich is my current goal. First I need to finish a viable inventory system and update "Full gun simulation", my deadline for this is tomorrow. Full gun simulation is a pretty advanced, but not complete, system that realistically handle fire arms. Once the update is published, I should have all the player base to be able to build a viable solo version of the wave mode.

What I mean by hyper realistic is simulating bullet going through walls, explosions blowing doors away, wounds bleeding and being located on a body part, untreated wounds getting infected, explosion waves and smoke interracting with the environment, guns being made of parts that can be worn down and modified, guns jamming due to worn parts, etc ...

All this needs a lot of work and knowing if there is a community for my game because I cannot go full time on this if I'm going to end up two years in dept even if this is my dream game. That's why I thought publishing my prototype in this Game Jam once it is playable.

Submitted(+1)

I suspect it may be too big in scope; online multiplayer, realistic graphics, simulating an environment... Have you published a game before? I noticed your Itch profile is pretty new.

(2 edits)

I made a profile for my studio but I've been developping for arround 5 years. The graphics are probably going to be some king of pixel art plus special effects and shaders because I'm better at pixel art and also don't want to loose time on learning about textures and everything.

But I know that my scope is big, that's what I'm talking about in this post, I want to do it pieces by pieces and continue as long as I have support from the community and people are interested in playing my game.

If you want an example of what game may be similar to : try to mix Unturned with project Zomboid and a little touch of the battlefield series destruction

Thank you for your feedback <3

Submitted

Oh! I was worried that you were completely inexperienced, thank goodness that's not the case!