Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Intro and Game Summary

A topic by CouchSpring created Dec 29, 2021 Views: 57
Viewing posts 1 to 1

Hey all,

Looking forward to this year's jam.  I submitted a game 2 years ago to the 2020 jam, and I appreciated the feedback and the community overall.  I planned to submit a heavier game last year, but life got in the way.  Since then, I've been chipping away at the game, shelving it, then taking it back out for a few tweaks, but nothing in a playable state yet.  I'm going to use this jam to try to get out a working beta.

The graphics are Ultima Online inspired, but the sprites are about double or triple the size.  The combat takes you to a stage where you fight using real time skills and movement.  Think of Diablo meets Streetfighter (but not as intuitive as either, haha).  Movement on the overworld is on a rail, kind of like Paper Mario but more restrictive.  There will be about 10 different weapon types that you can specialize in, and progressing in one weapon can unlock new skills that can transfer to other weapons.  

The game will be heavily choice driven, and (hopefully) will shape your character with the consequences to each of the choices you make.

The game is something I've been thinking of for years and the full game is very large.  When I start working on pieces and realizing the volume of what needs to be created, it makes my bones ache.  So, I'm hoping to have the lobby area completed and 1 of the 7 worlds done for the Feb deadline.

And of course I'm looking forward to playing a bunch of other submissions!