Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Simultaneous Submission

A topic by efarrisgames created Apr 23, 2022 Views: 75 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(+1)

Hello! new to game jams in general, but is it acceptable (here and also generally) to submit the same game to multiple jams providing it meets the requirements of both and was created during both time frames? Just curious. The game I'm working on for this would work really well with a system that's also running a jam, but I didn't want to be rude or anything if that kind of thing is frowned upon by the community! Thanks!

Host

Sorry, I had seen this but forgot to reply for a while. Hello! My philosophy on the subject is that as long as you follow the rules of this one jam you're fine to also submit to other ones, which have their own respective set of rules. I can't speak for the ttrpg community on itch.io as to whether this is considered acceptable, but I personally don't mind -rather, I think some cross-pollination is good- and I have seen artists submit to multiple jams with no particular backlash, so I think the general stance is between indifference and acceptance. In short, you're good.

The only kind of jam where I would expect to find specific rules that punish non-unique submissions would be those where there's a prize, but I don't think there's many, if any, of those on this site. (Insofar we're talking about TTRPG Jams.) I think contests avoid that so that big names can't just roll in and sweep the floor with already established titles. Anyway, cheers and I hope you have fun making your game. (:

Thanks for the reply! Appreciate the guidance!