Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

need game ideas, rant about my game ideas

A topic by Mcnatty created Nov 06, 2021 Views: 70 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

so, I got sick for a week so I lost a lot of time working on this, but I finally got a break, and I don't know if I want to do what I originally was planning. my original idea was a platformer game where ever single day, each room would have a different kind of trap, and in order to disarm/avoid the trap, you need to know a code, as in it is a puzzle platformer. here is a screenshot; (I don't know why it was so big) anyways, I now have some other ideas, so if you could leave a comment telling me which you think is the best, that would be great. 

* a rpg game where battle is a tower defense game. would probably be 1-bit, and I already have a lot of ideas. would probably be like Undertale. how it would work is you have a set of cards you cycle through, and each one is a different tower. different towers fire in different directions, and you can take advantage of this to block enemy attacks or do damage. 

* part of me wants to keep working on the polypire, which is a really old game I have, you can find it in my profile. the new game I am working on is like the spiritual successor, but IDK if it's a good idea anymore. https://mcnatty.itch.io/the-polypire-version-1

*at one point I had ideas for a boss rush game, where you and possible one other player played a local beat em up like cuphead. this is a project I always wanted to do, but never found the motivation for. 

*lastly, I have a prototype for a idle game where you can place workspaces to gather resources, however when you do, it increases the sound and can attract enemy teams. the engine is kind of bad and I might need to remake it. 

if you read this to the end thank you. honestly I just need to vent about all my ideas and stuff. honestly, I joined this jam because I was hoping I would be able to  get myself to get a game done, but I can't seem to do anything than make a bunch of prototypes. please check out polypire and if you like the pixel art I would be happy to make pixel art for another game, even if it is a little late. I also have a youtube channel where I do pixel art basics; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7fJ9yas_S1PN71T_Hs1aMg so if you don't think you can do pixel art meet me there and I can make a video to help you if there isn't one there that helps. sorry about the rant I just don't know what to do in life ):

HostSubmitted

If you don't know what to do, maybe going back to the polypire is a good idea, you already have a direction and all.