Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] Counting Sheep

A topic by ND-Game-Studio created Nov 05, 2021 Views: 73 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

For this project I decided to recycle a partially created game that was going to be submitted in another game jam that I didn't finish.

I've attached one of my derpy looking sheep that I made in Asprite, I've always had a love for pixel art and I'm planning on using it for this game. I've already thankfully have the plot for the game and it's created to be a platformer which I'm totally okay with, most of my experience has been centered around platformers and click and drag type games, I didn't want to add stress of learning how to make a different type of game.

The plot was originally about a guy that cant sleep and moves around the levels collecting sheep and getting to his bed in the end. I'm changing it to a sheep dog that has to collect all the sheep in order to move to the next level, might implement a speedrun mode in the future. I love the entire process of creating a game from scratch and decided to forgo the bonus points of using open source assets for the game, might use open source music as my 8 years of band class taught me nothing.

To be honest I'm really looking forward to this game jam and can use the distraction without all the stress. I fully plan on taking the crunchless challenge to heart and adhering to it. 

Here's to move derpy sheep in the future!

HostSubmitted

Yeah let's recycle that project that's the spirit :D