Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can we make game demonstrations of conlang?

A topic by Tofu Sheets Visual created Apr 07, 2019 Views: 209 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hi, I am quite interested in this jam because I love conlang! I have been developing a language for one of my fantasy worlds for several years now, so I thought a jam like this would be fun, albeit I have to create a new conlang haha. So I just wanted to ask.... when demonstrating our conlang, is it alright to showcase it in a game, like a visual novel? It would include both voice and text example of the language, since dialogue would be in a window and I would voice act the character speaking it. I thought I'd demonstrate my conlang in a conversation between two characters, and you could have the options to play it as "conlang audio, English subs", "conlang audio and conlang subs", "English audio and con lang subs", "Conlang audio and conlang subs with English translation". It would probably be short, like a 2-5 minute conversation. There would also be a bonus section that explains the conlang in a nutshell, such as demonstrating conjugation and how to form your own, simple sentences.

Host

Hi! Yes that would be a splendid way to showcase your work! I would love to see it for this jam. In general, if you have a creative way of showing us your language, please do! It's always interesting to see what people make of it. :)

Okay  cool! I just wanted to make sure ^^

This jam is a lovely idea~