Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Postmortem for Chaos Canyon

A topic by Cas Windsor created Sep 09, 2021 Views: 87
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted

Thank you to everyone who tried my game jam entry! I'm sorry not everyone could run it at a playable frame rate but I only had time to test it on my main machine before putting it up. For those who are interested, I have been rebuilding the game from the ground up and have already found a much more performant method to create the water.

To give you an idea whether you could run this game jam version, these are the specs of my machine:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

32.0 GB RAM

NVIDIA RTX 3080

If anyone still wants to try it, please bear this in mind. 馃檪

It is not a game for the faint of heart as I've made the usual mistake of making it WAY too difficult, but it can be done. Here's proof!

You'll have an easier time if you tap two keys at a time.

Easy:

Getting through the time gates has a higher priority on the (so called) easy level as you will travel that much slower. They will turn red and give you a time bonus when you go through them successfully.

Make sure you dodge the big damage from the spiky trees and barbed wire log.

You will also take minor damage from anything you knock into, even the buoys.

Medium:

Getting the time gates is not as important now as you'll be travelling faster.

Focus more on dodging obstacles, even rocks, planks and logs as everything does more damage now.

Hard:

You probably don't need to worry so much about time gates as you'll be travelling pretty fast now.

Just avoid as much damage as you can, especially the spiky objects as the damage here is really ramped up.

I would love to hear back from anyone who manages to get a handle on the controls and can conquer the Hard level.

Also, thanks to Igor for your video and sticking with the game long enough to get past one run. I now have a big to-do list based on your feedback and will be taking part in the "Improve your Game" Jam in a few weeks.