SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[DEVLOG] GolfJam!

A topic by Panda321 created Feb 18, 2020 Views: 165 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted (3 edits) (+1)

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to post here my workflow and process of creating a game. It's my first game jam. The arts are made by my brother.                                           
Everything started on 15 February as I was watching Brackey's healthbar tutorial and heard about this event. I told my brother about it, and we decided we're doing this.

Day 1:

Theme reveal, is it something bout puzzles, space, lightning, liquid, physics,  art?            
Ohh.. yea.. Holes..             sure...                                                      
What can I do with a hole? my first thought was 
"Black Holes"
But BRUH ain't that too obvious?  yea it was.... 
So i took second most obvious thing. GOLFFFF
And that's how it really began

I hopped onto Unity, 2D > Sprite > Knob  ... WE GOT A BALL!!!

NOW HOW TO MAKE IT MOVE? so i scrippted..

The day ended with me having my ball with shooting script.

Day 2:

I Woke up : "Hell ye let's du dis boi" ~ I said procedding to sit in front of my monitor for 10 hours...                               I did the hole , tiles, wall, ball trail, ball line, fixed some bugs and other good 'ol stuff.
That's what i ended up with at the end of this day:

I was pretty happy not gonna lie.

Day 3:

Today.. what did i do today, Ah yes:

Menu hehe

Still no menu logo because im waiting for my brother to make it...                                     That's all for this day too, i did: Menu, menu buttons, scene management

That's All Folks!

Hope you enjoyed reading and i hope you'll try my game after it's released!

You can give feedback in the comments and even show me your game if u are making one too, im curious about your's idea!

Have a good one!

You lost in Scene management

Submitted

oh ye, thanks

(1 edit)

Nice! I am fairly new and not yet participating, but can you briefly give me some hints how you managed the ball "pull to add force" Element? It Looks cool and I might use Something similar in the Future... Anyway, Not want to stop or distract you but if you have time after the jam or so to explain would be super kind :)

Submitted
Thank you for kind words! The ball pull to add force element works like this:

Script checks if your cursor is over the ball > Checks if u hold your mouse button down > if yes then it starts calculating distance and the direction between the ball and your cursor > checks if u stopped holding mouse button > Add force in the opposite direction to mouse multiplied by distance .

I Hope I did help you somehow .

Hit me up after the jam if u want any more informations :D

Have a good one :)

Submitted

Day 4:

I added lava tiles that make you go to the start of the level if you touch them, i also made save system and ending screen :))