Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Reject This Game ] Just finished my bizarre game ( and I need a new back ) - Devlog #1

A topic by blackmoodgames created Jan 29, 2021 Views: 72
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted (3 edits)

Well, I might need a new back. Or an H-BOX 25c r2.0 ( C ) !

it's been 3 intense days but i made it! 

A game-guide to quit thinking. Short 5 min experience disturbing/survival/management. Made for Blackthornprod Jam #3 (github.com)

- Think less, Work more -

I started late because i forgot that there was  only  1 week  :c

It's currently 4:09 am and I submitted a couple hours ago. 

A brief about Reject This Game

Well, I like this artstyle for jams.

At first, i started thinking of some kind of top down shooter where you had to  have less bullets to increase their size

I started coding it, but when i got to add the enemies, I started getting anxious about them being dumb, or being difficult to balance in such a short time. 

i drew this while burnt

Once I got over it, started thinking of some mechanic that could fit the new theme.

I played sum among us w da boys. Well, I  actually didn't. I don't have any friends.

I remembered the feeling of overwhealm after repeating something many times. And among us' got dat.

I want you to feel unconfortable and disturbed.

and that was the first approach.

It's set on my other game's universe The Dogsanity Abusive Experience #LD46 by blackmoodgames (itch.io)

And it will be better balanced, i swear. (lol)

Tips for Surviving a corporative authoritary regime

• Think as less as you can
  • Take  drugs
  • Go to work
  • Sleep
  • Repeat

Core of the game

Main Loop

* Management of 3 variables (Health , Anxiety, Self Awareness)

Some might say that tycoons aren't that fun. this might or might not be a tycoon game; it has a more survivalistic theme in it, but crap, i like playing stuff i made even if they're so bad xD

* Finish 4-wire circuit boards to get a dream job

Deliver a good performance assembling boxes that control people's mind.

YES I WANT TO MAKE BOARDS PLS

Oooor...

Quit the game without actually quitting. We both win. There are 4 paths to the end.

* Get compliments from your future bosses !

Broken decition

You can actually do nothing and die. and it's great.

The choise of not accepting the job is yours all the time. If you feel unconfortable, you can stop whenever you want. Just reject every circuit and you will be banned from the job. city.. err... country.

Balancing

Today I wrote the numbers for the game, so if anyone can test it out and give some feedback about dificultly, it would be awesome!

The stats are listed in the page of the game ( Reject This Game - Blackthornprod GAME JAM #3 by blackmoodgames (itch.io) )

So, it's 5 am now.

I have to sleep. Tomorrow I will talk you a little more about the process of creative design

Source code!

bluedaemondev/potential-spoon: A game-guide to quit thinking. Short 5 min experience disturbing/survival/management. Made for Blackthornprod Jam #3 (github.com)

Every game should be open source and public! Let's learn toghether!  :)