SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

AngrySmile's Family Emergency Sticky Locked

A topic by angrysmile created Nov 27, 2020 Views: 311
This topic is locked
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host (1 edit) (+1)

Everyone who is on the discord has been made aware of the situation that has unfolded. My father in-law was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer around the end of our first Beginners Circle jam. It has been a roller coaster of ups and downs. The worst being recently where an emergency surgery in the beginning of November, forced us to visit. I just made it back into town on the 24th. This situation has led to the decision for  my wife and I to pack up our life and move 6 hours away to be closer to help out and make him as comfortable as possible.

This isn't a sob story which is going to led to plea for donations, nor is it an excuse to say the game jam will not be finished, this is me, the host trying to be as transparent and honest as possible about what is going on. While I was away, the judging period ended, leaving editing open. With the judging ended, we are working on making a reasonable and fair solution to re-do all judging, while doing it fairly after so many updates have occurred.

I personally understand how much work and time goes into a game and have not taken any of your time or work for granted. I ask that you please give me the same respect and understand the seriousness and severity of this situation and know that we are doing everything in our power to come up with a plan to make this up. Your work will not be in vein!

The prizes will be increased and there will be many other steps made to ensure that all participant's games get some love. Announcement to come as soon as we are finished planning it out. Please stay tuned.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and for not writing this sooner on the itch page. Please be patient and understanding and I PROMISE, we will make it up to each and every one of you!