Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Ok participating this game jam was waste of time . Thanks Host For wasting our time

A topic by ParthTiwari created Sep 09, 2020 Views: 495 Replies: 16
Viewing posts 1 to 10
Submitted(+1)

Ok who can create more fake id will win . Because everyone know nobody is going to play 165 games and rate them. So it game jam of number of fake id Good luck to all . Start creating id why are you wasting time in reading this

Submitted

Yes, its so unfair...

I don't get any vote on my game, even I played some games bt can't vote them, ther is no option!

There is only option to comments

okok wait, Nikhil already cleared this topic in his latest video...so don't worry! That's all i can say...

Submitted

I like you optimism, but the only thing I could hear in his video is "Mai busy, tumhara tum dekhlo". This whole jam was a joke. First, so many invalid games were not disqualified. Even after repeatedly informing the hosts. Then delaying the results. And finally on result day we are asked to rate the games ourselves. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

It would have been much better if rating system was announced at the start of the jam. Many would have gladly reviewed. But wasting almost 1 week and then asking to do it show how seriously Nikhil and other hosts were taking this jam.

Submitted

He will only review the games that are winning. It dosent matter if your game is the best but it is very down below in the submissions.

Submitted

Yes that the problem good game will not come in top only games which are voted by fake id will come in top and the. Nikhil will review them 

Submitted

maybe you all of them focus on our game development not on winning or result ;

tho kya hua gamejam se thume ek apna game milgaya aur kya chayie ,thume usse game ko acche se develop karke ,publish karo.

Always remember winning jam is not part of game development journey , actually make a playable game is prize and valuable feedback on them is much more than to win in jams , its just a type of bonus 

thanks 

please start another  project ,hence happy developing  

Submitted

Totally agree with your thinking. But the problem is this jam wasted almost 1 week worth of work for many people. It's not like we are angry about the not winning, but it is the management of this jam that we are talking. First, they didn't say that it will be a rated jam. Then they waste so many days and then finally tell ki you have to review the games.

All that was also fine. But now the problem is there is no rating actually. It is just that people are posting comments on the jam submission pages. They should have enabled rating from the start. They just wasted some much time of so many good developers. 

Submitted(+1)

But bro when we do hardwork atleast we want to know how our game performance 

Submitted

Yeah that exactly why we all are feeling bad.

Submitted

Exactly, what if our game won't be reviewed

We can't get any suggestions so participating will be useless. It would be just like uploading on Google drive ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’

It would be better to take some more days to review

Submitted

Exactly, what if our game won't be reviewed

We can't get any suggestions so participating will be useless. It would be just like uploading on Google drive ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’

It would be better to take some more days to review

Submitted

Damn true really, and the worst thing is that some people are not understanding it. They are posting things like, you should be happy with what you have .. etc. All I have to say is that if NIKHIL is going to declare the winners of the jam without playing games then there was no point of participating in the jam.

Submitted

true bro

Submitted(+1)

So true. Plus there are so many invalid entries. They are not even trying to remove them so that the actual good games will surface up.

Submitted

Yeah, anyone can just put " You have to think big " in their game description to match the theme. Literally a parkour game developer told me that his game matches the theme because u have to  THINK BIG to complete levels. lol

Submitted(+1)

mThis Jam Is A Joke, The Only Thing I Can Take From It Is Experience OF Developing Game, I Did not get that much feedback that i would have got from other jams.

and now result is also going to be unfair

Me : Woooooow this is getting crazy